Saturday, July 16, 2016

Who Says Words with My Mouth - Quien dice palabras con mi boca - 167



Who Says Words with My Mouth

All day I think about it, then at night I say it.
Where did I come from, and what am I supposed to be doing?

I have no idea. My soul is from elsewhere, I am sure of that, and I intend to end up there.

This drunkenness began in some other tavern.
When I get back around to that place, I'll be completely sober. Meanwhile, I'm like a bird from another continent,  sitting in this aviary. The day is coming when I fly off,
but who is it now in my ear who hears my voice? Who says words with my mouth?

Who looks out with my eyes?
What is the soul?
I cannot stop asking. If I could taste one sip of an answer, I could break out of this prison for drunks.
I didn't come here of my own accord,
and I can't leave that way. Whoever brought me here will have to take me home.

This poetry. I never know what I'm going to say. I don't plan it. When I'm outside the saying of it, I get very quiet and rarely speak at all.

Shams Tabriz, if you would show your face to me again, I could flee the imposition of this life.
Quién dice palabras con mi boca

Todo el día pienso en ello, luego de noche lo digo. ¿De dónde vine, y que se supone que debo estar haciendo?

No tengo idea. Mi alma es de otra parte, de ello estoy seguro y mi intención es terminar ahí.

Esta borrachera empezó en otra taberna.
Cuando regrese a ese lugar estaré completamente sobrio.
Mientras tanto, soy como un pájaro de otro continente, encaramado en este aviario.
Ya llegará el día en que vuele, pero ¿quién es el que ahora dentro de mi oído escucha mi voz?
¿Quién dice palabras con mi boca?

¿Quién ve a través de mis ojos?
¿Qué es el alma?
No puedo dejar de preguntar; si tan solo pudiera paladear el sabor de una respuesta, podría salir de esta prisión de borrachos.
No vine aquí por mi propio gusto, y tampoco me puedo ir. Quién me haya traído aquí me llevará de regreso a casa.

Esta poesía. Nunca sé que voy a decir, no lo intento. Cuando estoy lejos de decirla, me quedo callado y raras veces hablo.  

Shams Tabriz: si tan solo mostraras tu cara una vez más, podría huir de la imposición de esta vida.
Commentary: ​The sharp intellect attempts to pierce  through confounds and dissects reality. Where did I come from? is an example of a question the intellect might probe. Most people most of the time live in the world of the intellect and assume it is their home. Rumi’s poems came out of silence and his home was silence. Try looking at the world and your problems through your peripheral vision. Integrate your sense data and give the deferential treadmill a rest. Make silence your home.
Comentario:  La agudeza del intelecto trata de penetrar en el desconcierto y analizar la realidad.  ¿De dónde vine? Es un ejemplo del tipo de preguntas que hace el intelecto. La mayoría de las personas pasan la mayoría del tiempo en el mundo del intelecto y suponen que esa es su casa.  La poesía de Rumi surgió del silencio y su casa es el silencio. Intenta ver al mundo y tus problemas a través de tu visión periférica. Integra la información que percibes a través de los sentidos y dale un descanso al constante análisis. Has del silencio tu hogar.


Traducción/Translation: Maria Brindle  
Edición/Editing: Antonio Venzor

No comments:

Post a Comment