Saturday, April 2, 2016

Our Closeness - Nuestra Cercanía - 62




Our Closeness

Friend, our closeness is this.
Anywhere you put your foot
feel me in the firmness under you.

How is it with this love,
I see your world and not you?
Nuestra Cercanía

Amigo nuestra cercanía es así.
En donde quiera que pongas tu pie
siénteme en la firmeza debajo de ti.

¿Que extraño es este amor,
veo tu mundo y no te veo a ti?

Commentary: I define God as all things and the source of all, but then I see the fool in others and myself, and I get bit by fire ants while sitting in the grass admiring spring’s resurrection. I laugh at the jokes God plays on me and enter the door of silence-emptiness with expectancy of sacredness. I am not disappointed and God in heaven becomes the friend in my chest.
Comentario: Defino a Dios como todas las cosas y la fuente de todo, pero luego sucede que veo las tonterías de otros y de mi mismo, o me pican las hormigas coloradas cuando me siento en el pasto a admirar la resurrección de la primavera. Me rio de los chistes que Dios juega conmigo y entro por la puerta del silencio-vacío anticipando lo sagrado. No me decepciono - Dios en el cielo se vuelve el amigo que habita en mi pecho.

2 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying both the poems and the commentary-thank you? Can we see God in a plastic bottle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really enjoying both the poems and the commentary-thank you? Can we see God in a plastic bottle?

    ReplyDelete