Sunday, April 10, 2016

Burnt Kabob - Brocheta Quemada - 70



Burnt Kabob

Last year I admired wines.
This year I am wandering inside the red world.
Last year I gazed at the fire.
This year I am burnt kabob.

Thirst drove me down to the water,
where I drank the moon's reflection.
Now I am a lion staring up
totally lost in love with the thing itself.

Do not ask questions about longing.
Look in my face.

Soul-drunk, body-ruined, these two
sit helpless in a wrecked wagon.
Neither knows how to fix it.
And my heart, I would say it is more
like a donkey sunk in a mudhole,
strugglings and miring deeper.

But listen to me. For one moment
quit being sad. Hear blessings
dropping their blossoms
around you. God.
Brocheta Quemada

El año pasado admiraba vinos.
Este año deambulo dentro del mundo rojo.  
El año pasado contemplaba el fuego. Este año soy una brocheta quemada.

La sed me llevó hacia el agua, donde bebí el reflejo de la luna.
Ahora soy un león mirándola  fijamente, perdidamente enamorado de ella.

No hagas preguntas sobre la añoranza.
Mira mi cara.

Alma-borracha, cuerpo-arruinado, ambos se sientan desamparados en una carreta destartalada. Ninguno sabe como repararla. Y diría que mi corazón se parece más a un burro hundido en un lodazal luchando por salir y cada vez más enlodado.

Escucháme. Durante un momento deja de estar triste. Escucha las bendiciones que dejan caer sus flores a tu alrededor.
Dios.

Commentary: Thirsty for transcendence. Drunk on love. Ego burnt to a crisp. Ego’s grand plans wrecked. Quietly hearing grace rain down as demolition transforms into resurrection.

Comentario: Sediento por trascender. Borracho de amor. Ego quemado y crujiente. Los grandiosos planes del Ego destrozados. Silenciosamente escuchando como llueve la gracia mientras que la demolición se transforma en resurrección.

No comments:

Post a Comment