Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Sublime Generosity (1) - Generosidad sublime - 227




Sublime Generosity (1)

I was dead, then alive.
Weeping, then laughing.

The power of love came into me,
and I became fierce like a lion,
then tender like the evening star.

He said, You are not mad enough.
You don't belong in this house.

I went wild and had to be tied up.
He said, Still not wild enough to stay with us.

I broke through another layer into joyfulness.
He said, It is not enough. I died.

He said, You are a clever little man
full of fantasy and doubting.

I plucked out my feathers and became a fool.
He said, Now you are the candle for this assembly.

But I'm no candle. Look. I'm scattered smoke.
Generosidad sublime (1)

Estaba muerto, después vivo.
Llorando, luego riendo.

El poder del amor llegó a mi,
 me volví tan feroz como un león,
 luego tierno como la estrella del atardecer.

Él dijo: no estás suficientemente loco,
no perteneces a esta casa.

Enloquecí  y me tuvieron que amarrar,
Él dijo: Aún no estas suficientemente loco para quedarte con nosotros.

Atravese otra capa hacia la alegría.
Él dijo: aún no es suficiente. Entonces mori.

Él dijo: eres un hombrecito astuto
lleno de fantasías y dudas.

Me quité las plumas y me convertí en el tonto.
Él dijo: ahora eres la vela para esta asamblea.

Pero mira, yo no soy una vela.
Tan sólo soy humo disperso.
Commentary: We establish and maintain our layered identities with our stories. Stress normally adds more dense  layers to our identity, ‘Most stressed people are narcissistic.’ Strip away one layer by spiritual practices and the underneath identity layer is revealed. Moving inward the identities become more subtle and less rigid.
Comentario: Con nuestras historias establecemos y mantenemos nuestra identidad llena de capas. El estrés añade más densas capas a nuestra identidad. “La mayoría de las personas estresadas son narcisistas.” Si quitas una capa al realizar prácticas espirituales la siguiente capa se revela. Al movernos hacia adentro las identidades se vuelven más sutiles y menos rígidas.










No comments:

Post a Comment