Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Childhood Friends (2) - Amigos de infancia - 240





Childhood Friends (2)
Then Joseph began questioning his friend,
What have you brought me? You know a traveler should not arrive empty-handed at the door of a friend like me. That is like going to the grinding stone without your wheat.

God will ask at the resurrection, Did you bring me a present? Did you think you wouldn't see me?

Joseph keeps teasing, Let's have it.
I want my gift.

The guest began, You cannot imagine
how I have looked for something for you.
Nothing seemed appropriate. You don't take gold down into a goldmine, or a drop of water to the Sea of Oman. Everything I thought of was like bringing cumin seed to Kirmanshah where cumin comes from. You have all seeds in your barn. You even have my love and my soul, so I cannot bring those.

I have brought you a mirror.
Look at yourself and remember me.
Amigos de infancia

Después José empezó a cuestionar a su amigo.   ¿Qué me has traido?
Tu sabes que un viajero no debe llegar con las manos vacías a la puerta de un amigo como yo.  Es como ir al molino sin trigo.

Dios preguntará en la resurrección, ¿Me trajiste un regalo? ¿Pensaste que no me verías?

José lo sigue vacilando, anda,
dame mi regalo.

El invitado le dijo, No puedes imaginar cuánto he buscado para encontrar algo para ti. Nada parecia apropiado. No hay que llevar oro a una mina de oro, o una gota de agua al Mar de Omán. Todo lo que se me ocurrió era como llevar semillas de comino a Kirmanshah donde cultivan el comino. Tu tienes todo tipo de semillas en tu granero. Hasta tienes mi amor y mi alma, asi que tampoco te puedo regalar esas.

Te traje un espejo.
Mírate en el y recuerdame.
Commentary:  The Friend has given us a 360 degree mirror. Even when you close your eyes at night and dream the mirror is still there.
Comentario:  El amigo nos ha dado un espejo de 360 grados. El espejo sigue ahí aun cuando cierres los ojos para dormir en la noche.


















No comments:

Post a Comment