Sunday, November 20, 2016

Grainy Taste - Sabor granuloso - 294



Grainy Taste

Without a net, I catch a falcon
and release it to the sky,
hunting God.

This wine I drink today
was never held in a clay jar.

I love this world,
even as I hear the great wind
of leaving it rising,

for there is a grainy taste I prefer
to every idea of heaven:
human friendship.


Sabor granuloso

Atrapé un halcón sin una red
y lo dejé ir al cielo para
cazar a Dios.  

Este vino que hoy bebo nunca estuvo en una jarra de barro.

Amo este mundo
aun mientras escucho al gran viento de partida elevarse

porque existe un sabor granuloso que prefiero a cualquier idea de ir al cielo: la amistad humana.

Commentary: Has the net of Rumi caught your falcon soul and released it to the sky to hunt for God?
Comentario:  ¿Acaso la red de Rumi atrapo tu alma-halcón y la soltó al cielo para cazar a Dios?





















No comments:

Post a Comment