Thursday, February 25, 2016

My Worst Habit - Mi peor Hábito - 25




My Worst Habit
My worst habit is I get so tired of winter I become a torture to those I’m with.

If you are not here, nothing grows.
I lack clarity. My words
tangle and knot up.

How to cure bad water?
Send it back to the river.
How to cure bad habits?
Send me back to you.

When water gets caught in habitual whirlpools, dig a way out through the bottom to the ocean. There is a secret medicine given only to those who hurt so hard they can’t hope.

The hopers would feel slighted if they knew.

Look as long as you can at the friend you love, no matter whether that friend is moving away from you or coming back toward you.
Mi peor hábito

Mi peor hábito es que me canso tanto del invierno que me vuelvo un fastidio para aquéllos con quienes convivo.

Si no estas aquí nada crece.
Me falta claridad. Mis palabras
se enredan y hacen nudos.

¿Cómo se cura el agua mala?
regrésala al río.
¿Cómo se curan los malos hábitos? Regresame contigo.

Excava un pasadizo por debajo del océano para salir del agua cuando está atrapada en los remolinos habituales. Hay una medicina secreta que se le da sólo a quienes sienten tanto dolor que ya no tienen esperanzas.   

Los esperanzados se sentirían desatendidos si lo supieran.

Mira todo el tiempo que puedas al amigo que amas, no importa si el amigo se aleja de tí  o si viene hacia tí.
2017 Commentary: My body is an instrument for sensing my emotions. By using this instrument with body awareness I am aware when I am absent from the friend. This awareness can send me back to presence.
Comentario: Mi cuerpo es un instrumento para percibir mis emociones. Si uso este instrumento dándole atención a mi cuerpo me doy cuenta de cuando me ausento del Amigo. Este darme cuenta me puede regresar a su presencia (a estar presente).

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever felt a part of all that is, free of ego, full of awe? We can have this feeling and then get caught back up in the grind of daily life over and over again. We need a path from the little i back to the boundless self. The Sufis have this saying that they may repeat over and over to themselves, “There is no reality but God, only God.” Be it this saying or another method, we need to have a way of refreshing transcending joy.

    ReplyDelete