Monday, February 1, 2016

As Much as a Pen Knows... Lo mismo que una pluma sabe... 1





As Much as a Pen Knows

Do you think that I know what I am doing?

That for one breath or half-breath I belong to myself?
As much as a pen knows what she is writing, or the ball can guess where it’s going next. 

Lo mismo que una pluma sabe

¿Crees que sé lo que estoy haciendo?

¿Qué durante el lapso de una respiración o de media respiración yo me pertenezco?
Se lo mismo que una pluma sabe lo que escribe, o una pelota puede adivinar hacia dónde se dirige. 

2017 Commentary: For ego this moment's okayness is a function of its assessment of past to future. Rumi doesn't identify as the doer or the thinker. He exists as presence in the moment, a presence that welcomes whatever comes as a manifestation of the Diving Source. Decisions arise from a place deeper than ego resulting in a whirling dance that partners with what comes to eloquently sweep manifestation along its evolutionary course.  

Comentario: El ego solamente aprecia el momento actual  en función de su valoración del pasado y sus expectativas futuras. Rumi no se identifica con los pensamientos ni con ser el hacedor. El existe en el momento presente con una actitud que le da la bienvenida a lo que va llegando - manifestaciones de la fuente divina.  Las decisiones surgen de un lugar más profundo que el ego lo que resulta en una danza que gira con lo que llega y elocuentemente precipita lo manifestado en su curso evolutivo.  

6 comments:

  1. This poem speaks from the prospective of Buddha or Christ consciousness. No ego, no identification with past of future. Pure awareness freed from thought/emotion/attachment/aversion prisons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Traduccion de lo que excribio Alden: este poema habla desde la perspectiva de la conciencia de Budha o Cristo. No hay ego, ni identificacion con el pasado o el futuro. Unicamente estar Presente/Alerta libre de la prision de los pensamientos/emociones/apegos/aversion.

      Delete
  2. Què padre, Gracias, Maricarmen....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love so much of the Rumi I read but am a novice. This may be the first time that a passage does not resonate with my understanding and beliefs. So, I wonder, what then are mistakes? If "I"/we are only the instrument, like a pen, that only acts from the Great Spirit or Creator, then I assume there is no free-will. If Jesus said (in paraphrase) "the only way to the Father is through me", then I find Christ to be egoic. For me, no intermediary is needed to communicate with G-d. If Christ is saddled with ego, then is Christ Consciousness as well since it is based on Jesus?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your first question involves determinism vs free will. In this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO_Q_f1WgQI, a scientist explains that the space-time continuum contains all of space and time. For example, if an alien 10 billion light years away were standing still in relationship to you her time would correspond to you time. If our alien were to jump on a bike and ride away from us then her time would correspond to 200 years ago in relationship to us and we have not been born yet. If the alien turns around and ride towards us then the aliens time corresponds to 200 years in our future and we are dead. In other words, the space time continuum contains all space and all time right now! This is mind blowing. The only approach that makes sense to me is to believe in determinism while acting as if I have free choice and am responsible for the evolution of my soul and the world around me.

      Delete
    2. Thinking of Christ consciousness in relationship to a man that lived 2000 years ago blocks our path. Someone stated that when a person over esteems a good man they lose their power. Someone wrote a book titled, “If You Meet the Buddha on the Road Kill Him.” The idea of Christ consciousness is best seen from an abstract point of view, as a state of ego transcendence, a state of mystical union with the source in which we can say things like the following:
      Al-Hallaj – ‘I am the Truth’
      Al-Bistami – ‘I went from God to God, until they cried from me in me, “O Thou I!”
      Jesus – ‘My Father and I are One’

      Delete