Tuesday, May 3, 2016

What Was Said To The Rose - Lo dicho a la Rosa - 93




What Was Said To The Rose

What was said to the rose that made it open was said to me here in my chest.

What was told the cypress
that made it strong and straight,
what was whispered the jasmine
so it is what it is,
whatever made sugarcane sweet,
whatever was said to the inhabitants
of the town of Chigil in Turkestan
that makes them so handsome,
whatever lets the pomegranate flower
blush like a human face,
that is being said to me now. I blush.

Whatever put eloquence in language,
that's happening here.

The great warehouse doors open,
and I fill with gratitude,
chewing a piece of sugarcane,
in love with the one
to whom every that belongs.
Lo dicho a la Rosa

Lo dicho a la rosa que la hizo abrirse me lo dijeron a mi aquí en mi pecho.

Lo dicho al ciprés
que lo hizo fuerte y recto,
lo susurrado al jazmín
para que sea lo que es,
lo que hizo a la caña de azúcar dulce, lo dicho a los habitantes del pueblo de Chigil en Turquestán que los hace tan bien parecidos,
lo que hace que la flor de granado se sonroje como la cara humana, eso me están diciendo ahorita. Me sonrojo.

Lo que sea que le dió elocuencia al lenguaje, eso está sucediendo aquí.

La gran puerta de la bodega se abre,
y rebozo de agradecimiento, masticando un pedazo de caña de azúcar, enamorado de aquel a quien todo eso le pertenece.


Commentary: What am I to do if I don’t feel love for the one to whom every that belongs? What if my warehouse seems bare? What if my heart aches?
I can start with observing the inner darkness with acceptance and as much love for the darkness as I can muster. What’s it feel like in my chest? How does the darkness change as I observe it with compassion?
Comentario: ¿Qué hacer si no siento amor por aquel a quien todo eso le pertenece? ¿Y si mi bodega está casi vacía? ¿Y si mi corazón está afligido?
Puedo empezar por observar y aceptar la oscuridad interna con todo el amor por la oscuridad que pueda reunir. ¿Cómo se siente en mi pecho? ¿Cómo se va transformando esa oscuridad al estarla observando con compasión?

No comments:

Post a Comment