Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Constant Conversation - Constante Conversación - 101


Constant Conversation

Who is luckiest in this whole orchestra? The reed. Its mouth touches your lips to learn music. All reeds, sugarcane especially, think only of this chance. They sway in the canebrake, free in the many ways they dance.

Without you the instruments would die. One sits close beside you. Another takes a long kiss. The tambourine begs, Touch my skin, so I can be myself.
Let me feel you enter each limb bone by bone, that what died last night can be whole today.

Why live some soberer way and feel you ebbing out? I won't do it.
Either give me enough wine or leave me alone, now that I know how it is
to be with you in a constant conversation.
Constante Conversación

¿Quien es el más afortunado en esta orquesta? La caña. Su boca toca tus labios para aprender música. Todas las cañas, especialmente la caña de azúcar, piensan tan solo en esta oportunidad. En el cañaveral se balancean libremente al danzar en una  multitud de formas.

Sin ti los instrumentos morirían. Uno se sienta cerca de ti. El otro acepta un largo beso. La pandereta implora, Toca mi piel para que sea yo misma.
Dejame sentir como entras a cada extremidad hueso por hueso para que lo que anoche murió esté completo hoy.

¿Para que vivir de manera tan sobria y sentir como te vas menguando? No lo haré. O me das suficiente vino o me dejas en paz, ahora que sé lo que es estar contigo en constante conversación.
Commentary: Are you a reed flute being played by the universe, and the source of the universe, or are you off pretending to be the composer and conductor of the music of your life?
Comentario: ¿Eres una flauta de caña tocada por el universo y la fuente del universo, o andas por ahi pretendiendo ser el compositor y el conductor de la música de tu vida?

No comments:

Post a Comment