Tuesday, December 13, 2016

The Nightwatchman (1) - El Velador - 317

  



The Nightwatchman (1)

I sit by the side of one who watches
like the stars at night without sleeping watch.

My friend sits on the roof at night.
I attend that watching.

During the day I help with the gardening.
He is both a tender of flowers
and flowering trees.

It is no shame to be in this friendship,
or if it is, it is.

I was on my way elsewhere
when I saw the nightwatchman
sitting on the sky's roof like a guard.

Like a king, like a gardener in his garden,
rain wet stones, like the body's hand-me-down.
El Velador

Me siento junto al velador como las   estrellas que miran de noche sin dormir.

De noche mi amigo se sienta en el techo. Y yo atiendo esa vigilia.

Durante el día ayudo con el huerto. El Amigo es las flores tiernas y también los árboles en flor.

Esta amistad no es vergonzante, pero si lo es, lo es.

Iba a otro lado cuando vi al velador sentado en el techo del cielo como un guardia.

Como un rey, como un horticultor en su huerto,  piedras mojadas de lluvia, como lo que el cuerpo va heredando lo que ha usado.
Commentary: Sometimes, laying on the trampoline I gaze up at the trees and the sky and feel like the watchman.
Comentario: A veces cuando estoy acostado sobre el trampolín volteo hacia los árboles y el cielo y me siento como el velador.



















No comments:

Post a Comment